Skip to main content

Pet Health Certificates

In the United States, interstate and international travel of animals requires a pet health certificate which must be completed by an accredited veterinarian. To access the California Health Certificate for interstate and international travel click here (verified as of 1/2020):

In addition to a pet health certificate, many countries and airlines require an official health certificate performed by a USDA accredited veterinarian, such as our veterinarians here at Sierra. The process of setting up necessary testing or exams can take anywhere from a few business days to several weeks, so you should plan well in advance to be sure all paperwork is complete prior to your travels.

USDA California Health Certificate

More information about individual state and country regulations, airline requirements and fees:

Federal Resources

More information about the state of California’s requirements:

State of California Resources